Frequent Hiker Program
Fitpacking offers an incentive program for participants who are passionate
about backpacking. The program works as follows:
Canyonlands National Park
- For every half week trip you take (5 days or less), you bank $50
- For every 1 week trip you take (9 days or less), you bank $100
- For every 2 week trip you take (10 days or more), you bank $150
- Every trip you have taken in the past counts towards your bankroll and can be used
for your next trip
- Fitpacking is still small enough to keep track of your bankroll, however we are working on user accounts to
keep track of these things.
- For every half week trip you book, you can discount the trip by the amount of your credit,
up to a maximum of $200 off
- For every 1 week trip you book, you can discount the trip by the amount of your credit,
up to a maximum of $400 off
- For every 2 week trip you book, you can discount the trip by the amount of your credit,
up to a maximum of $600 off
- Your credit only increases. It does not decrease after applying it towards a trip
- If you pay by credit card, you will automatically receive your discount
- If you pay by PayPal, you will be charged full price, but receive a refund
- Discounts are not retroactive to trips you have taken in the past
- Credits cannot be used for the New Hampshire lodge trip, however you still bank $100
for taking that trip
Example: You hiked the Foothills Trail in 2006 (1 week), Olympic in 2007 (2 weeks),
Shenandoah in 2009 (2 weeks) and Florida in 2010 (1 week). Your credit is $100+$150+$150+$100 = $500.
If you book the 2-week Yosemite 2010 trip, you can deduct $500, so your total cost is $1700 - $500 = $1200,
and you have raised your credit to $500 + $150 = $650.
If you decide instead to book the 1-week New Jersey Pine Barrens in 2010, you can only deduct the maximum of
$400, making your total cost $1000 - $400 = $600, and you have increased your credit to $500 + $100 = $600,
This promotion begins on June 1, 2010, but we reserve the right to change the terms or
discontinue it at any time.
Terms were updated on October 28, 2014 to include half week trips.